What Does a Nosebleed Mean Spiritually?
There is probably nothing more immediately alarming and upsetting than getting an unexpected nose bleed.
The annoying part is that for a split second, they feel like you just have a random runny nose, but then when you go to wipe it away, you are instantly alarmed and freaked out at the sight of your blood instead of just a runny nose.
Is a bloody nose just a simple but alarming nuisance that occurs only in really dry climates or when you blow your nose just a little too hard (we’ve all done that one before), or could they be a sign of something spiritual?
This article aims to answer this question.
How Does a Bloody Nose Even Happen?
A nosebleed happens when the tiny little blood vessels within your nostrils burst, which then causes that alarming stream of blood to run down your nose.
Bloody noses are usually caused by common enough reasons and instances such as living in dry climates that irritate the blood vessels in your nostrils.
Other potential causes for your nose bleeds are:
- Sinus infections
- Allergy reactions
- Blowing your nose too hard
- Picking your nose a bit too ambitiously (looking at you elementary children)
- Stuffing things up your nose that don’t belong there
The blood vessels that line the nostrils are extremely fragile, so a nosebleed can happen very easily with next to no warning other than that feeling of liquid running down your throat and nose.
ALSO READ: The Dangers of Opening Your Chakras
Are There Any Deeper Meanings of Why Nose Bleeds Happen?
Usually, when things like bloody noses, we don’t normally think much of them passed the thought of how annoying they are and the embarrassment of having to stuff a piece of toilet paper or tissue up your nose.
However, there are reasons for every bodily function that happens, especially the functions that happen outside of our control.
When your body does something like a nose bleed without your say-so, it is trying to tell you something or to warn you of something.
Now the majority of these bodily warnings could be taken for simple physical warnings like you’re in an area that is going to set off your allergies, your body, or your nose, in this instance, could be trying to warn you of spiritual things.
Spiritual Meanings for Why You Have a Bloody Nose
Some self-discernment and reflection are required here for you to be able to evaluate which of these reasons or meanings is why you are suffering from constant nose bleeds.
- You lack self-control. Your bloody nose may be trying to show you that you have lost a sense of control in your life. Does it feel like you lack any sense of control in life right now? Whether it’s the inability to resist doing the wrong thing or you feel like you have lost all control of what happens to your and your life. Your body might be causing those blood vessels in your nostrils to burst as a sign it’s time for you to take back some control over your life and actions.
- You have become careless in your thoughts and actions towards yourself and others. This spiritual meaning and reasoning of nose bleeds go hand-in-hand with the physical causes of getting a bloody nose from stuffing things up your nose (like your finger) carelessly to the point it causes bleeding. Your nose bleeds could be a direct result of the spiritual carelessness that is present in your life. Meaning, you have allowed things to enter into your life that is harmful and damaging to you that you need to get rid of.
- You might be associating with the wrong kind of people for your life. Nose bleeds can be the reaction due to inhaling harmful chemicals in the air that irritate the blood vessels enough to burst them. While this is a warning that you are in an unhealthy physical environment, it could also potentially be your subconscious spirit telling you that you are associating with the wrong type of people that are negatively impacting your life.
- You might be suffering from depression. It might be shocking to find out that stress and anxiety can cause nosebleeds. However, millions of people that suffer from anxiety, high amounts of stress, both of which are factors of depression, can cause unexpected and frequent nosebleeds. So, the next time you have a bloody nose, it could be your body reacting to a large amount of stress, anxiety, and depression you are suffering from. This is not a sign you want to ignore, and you may take it as a confirmation to find someone to talk to.
- You may have lost a source of joy in life. This goes along the same lines as that of #4. The loss of blood in any context almost always can be linked to some sort of symbolic loss, whether willingly or unwillingly. It could be possible that you have recently lost a source of joy in your life, and your body is acting accordingly to show physical signs and symptoms of your spiritual and emotional loss.
The biblical meaning of a nosebleed is not entirely clear, but some interpret it as a symbol of cleansing or purification.
ALSO READ: Dangers of astral projection
What Can You Do If Any of These Are True for You?
If any of these listed spiritual meanings and reasonings for why you might be having nosebleeds describes what you are going through, there are things you can do to help stop the bloody noses from happening.
Take stock of where you are at in life, have you become stagnant in your dreams and goals, are you hanging out and spending your time with people that do more harm than good for your life, etc.?
It might help if you took out a notepad and pen and wrote out all of these things as you begin to figure out the deeper meanings that your body is trying to tell you.
Once you feel you have an understanding of these deeper spiritual meanings behind your nosebleeds, start to enact plans and actions that will give you back control, learn discipline, lessen stress or allow yourself to grieve properly for that loss that has stolen your joy.
Your body and soul will heal with time and the proper care and attention to these spiritual and deeper signs.
Image credit – https://pixabay.com/photos/people-lady-woman-eyes-brown-2588925/
ALSO READ: The Spiritual Meaning of Sneezing