What is the spiritual meaning of sneezing?
Have you ever heard about various cultures throughout the world and the history of the world that believed whenever you sneeze, you are forcefully removing evil spirits from your body, or that sneezing can be a sign of bad luck that you might be close to finding yourself in a dangerous situation?
In this article, we are going to be exploring the various reasons for what your spirit is trying to tell you when you sneeze.
Are there differences between a single sneeze and when you sneeze like a gazillion times in a row?
Let’s find out together…
Why do we sneeze anyways?
Several different reasons can explain why you sneeze in the first place.
Sneezing (or sternutation as it’s formally known) is a physical reaction that your body does as it tries to get rid of irritants that are in your nose and/or throat.
Some people love the feeling of sneezing, while others find it obnoxious and annoying, especially when it makes them look dumb in those instances when you think you have to sneeze, but then nothing happens. It’s the worst.
People sneeze when:
- Their sinuses are reacting to an allergy or irritant of something in the air
- They have a sinus infection or other viruses like the flu
- They experience a change in temperature, or their eyes suddenly get hit with bright light
- They are going through a drug withdrawal
- They use a nasal spray
The spiritual symbology and numerology of sneezing
At the beginning of this article, we mentioned how there are cultures in the world that believe that when you sneeze, you are forcefully expelling or pushing out evil spirits from your body.
Sneezing, or sternutation if you want to be a little fancy with it, has been the source of several different cultural theories.
Some cultures believe when you sneeze, your soul is actually leaving your body for that split second during your sneeze.
After the sneeze, you were supposed to say a blessing such as “God bless you” or “Salud” so that your soul returns to your body.
ALSO READ: What Is The Stellar Gateway Chakra?
But what about when a person sneezes multiple times in a row?
Well, when you have those crazy back-to-back sneezes, sometimes up to 5 times, you might want to look at the numerology and spiritual meaning of those numbers to better understand why you just about threw out your back because you just had 3 to 5 massive sneezes in a row.
Potential spiritual meanings of sneezing
- You are about to find yourself in an unlucky or dangerous situation very soon
- The Polish believed that sneezing meant you are about to have a hard relationship or issue with your mother-in-law
- There are negative energies and forces in your life and body that are being expelled and removed from your life
The spiritual meaning of sneezing numerology
Sneezing can almost be seen or better understood on a spiritual level by understanding its numerology.
While sneezing, for the most part, spiritually symbolizes something ominous or unlucky is about to happen in your life, that isn’t always the case, depending on how many times you sneeze.
- Sneezing once simply means that you are working on expelling negative energies and cleansing your spirit of these bad energies.
- Sneezing twice means that there is a relationship or partnership between you and another person that needs to be cleansed, possibly you are having an issue with a friend or partner that needs to be worked out, or you are about to experience negative energy with this person.
- Three sneezes could mean that you’ve experienced some major problems recently in your life or with your spirit that you have been able to overcome and move forward towards better things.
- Five sneezes in a row be a sign that someone is thinking of you.
- Sneezing 6 times in a row may represent the six days of Creation.
- In Chinese culture, eight is considered a lucky number. Thus, if you sneeze eight times in a row, it means good luck is coming your way.
Other beliefs and meanings of sneezing
In some East Asian cultures, it is believed that when you sneeze, it means that someone is currently talking about you somewhere.
More specifically, one sneeze means you are being talked about in a good way.
Two sneezes mean someone is talking poorly of you, and three sneezes would mean that a special someone romantically interested in you is thinking about you. Sneezing twice in a row is also thought to be a sign that someone is thinking about you.
In the Bible, there is a story of a prophet who visited a family whose young son had died.
After the prophet prayed to God, the boy came back to life, and the very first thing he did was sneeze seven times in a row.
The numerology of the number seven in the bible signifies a sense of rightness, completion, and perfection.
Sneezing 10 times in a row may be interpreted as a sign of good fortune or that something positive is about to happen. In the Bible, the number 10 is often used to symbolize God’s perfect plan or divine order.
ALSO READ: Dangers of Opening Your Chakras
The many cultural meanings of sneezing
The majority of the various cultures around the world each have their own ways of defining the spiritual meaning of sneezing.
While these different cultures have slight variations, all of them show and agree that when someone sneezes, it’s something to pay attention to.
- There has been negative or evil energy or energies in your life that you have been able to forcefully remove and expel, which has allowed a cleansing process to begin in your life
- Your spirit is trying to warn you that you are about to find yourself in a very unlucky or dangerous situation that you need to be cautious of
- If you sneeze twice, then it could mean that you are either about to have hard problems with someone in your life, whether it’s a business partner or your mother-in-law, or someone is speaking badly of you
- If you sneeze three times, though, it means that either you’ve successfully removed very negative energy from your life or that a potential romantic partner is thinking good thoughts about you
Our bodies are physical and spiritual beings.
When our bodies do something physically like sneezing, while we may usually never think anything of it, it could very well mean that your spirit is trying to tell you something about the energies of your body or to warn you of bad luck or a special someone is thinking about you.
Take time to learn about what your spirit is telling you through your spirit, and you may be able to get yourself out of some unlucky situations in the future.
Image source – https://pixabay.com/photos/women-blowing-nose-blond-white-698919/
ALSO READ: Dangers of astral projection