Vomiting, also known as puking or emesis, is a symptom which is related to a whole host of different disorders, diseases, and illnesses.
It is also a natural reflex which typically occurs as a form of protection. In the event you consume something which is poisonous or contaminated, vomiting is your body’s way of getting rid of it.
- food poisoning (due to eating something contaminated);
- elevated intracranial pressure to overexposure to ionizing radiation;
- certain medicines, such as antibiotics;
- brain tumors;
- a kidney stone which has blocked the tube from the kidney to the bladder through which urine passes;
- drinking too much alcohol;
- a blockage in your bowel;
- low blood sugar level;
- high blood sugar level;
- traveling abroad.
When the human body prepares to vomit, the following sequence may occur:
- the muscular ring between the esophagus (a muscular tube connecting the throat with the stomach) and stomach relaxes;
- the diaphragm and abdominal muscles contract;
- the windpipe closes;
- the lower portion of the stomach contracts.
The muscles responsible for this sequence of events are controlled by either a central pattern generator or a vomiting center – most likely in the area postrema (a medullary structure in the brain) and the nearby nucleus tractus solitarius (a compact fiber bundle which extends longitudinally through the posterolateral region of the medulla).
When fluids are lost through vomiting, it is essential to replace them as soon as possible. Drink small amounts of fluids often to replace water which has been lost.
Spiritual Meaning of Vomiting
When you vomit, you reject something or someone. Thus, you avoid moving on and evolving. Notice to whom or what you hold resistance.
It may be one of your parents whom you would like to “take out of your life” because, apparently, you do not have anything in common. Or maybe you are afraid you will not be able to meet certain expectations in your life?
Dreaming About Vomiting
When you dream of people who are vomiting or it is you the one who vomits in a dream, it means that you will be successful at work, possibly a promotion or more money, and you will have many achievements and enjoy harmonious relationships.
Nausea is a general term describing a queasy stomach, with or without the feeling that you are about to vomit. It was historically equated with seasickness.
Common causes of nausea include:
- norovirus infection;
- radiation therapy;
- acute stomach ulcer:
- a recurrent migraine;
- rotavirus infection;
- an imbalance of minerals and salts in the blood;
- inner ear problems;
- bowel slowdown or blockage;
- certain other (non-chemo) medicines;
- chemotherapy (also called chemo).
Common symptoms of nausea include:
- increased heart rate or pulse;
- uneasy stomach;
- production of extra saliva;
- lessened appetite;
- experiencing a cold sweat;
- stomach pain;
- you may become pale;
- acidic taste in the mouth.
Things That May Help You When You Experience Nausea
- eat smaller, more frequent meals;
- eat foods containing ginger;
- drink peppermint or ginger tea;
- take sips of a cold drink;
- distract yourself – for instance, watch a film or listen to music;
- get plenty of fresh air.
Spiritual Meaning of Nausea
Nausea is a sign that you feel a disgust or an aversion to a person, a thing, an idea, a situation, or maybe an emotion. You experience either rage, rebellion, fear, frustration, or misunderstanding about that aspect, which “stays in your stomach.”
You have to realize that you have absorbed something that created the desire to express it immediately. If you do not express yourself using words, you will manifest it through nausea.
Nausea Dream Meaning
If you dream about nausea, then you might actually be getting a disease, something is going wrong in your body, and it would be wise to get some medical tests.
Vomiting and nausea during pregnancy are one of the most frequent disorders of pregnancy. The symptoms happen predominantly during the 1st trimester, but, in a subgroup of women, they can continue throughout the entire pregnancy.
Ginger is a common natural remedy taken by many women experiencing vomiting and nausea in pregnancy.
Sources https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180321090849.htm https://www.bmj.com/content/326/7401/1273.1 http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0060537 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3622671/